About the position
EPEC are looking for a Power System Study Manager to manage studies relating to the connection of projects to the National Electricity Market in accordance with the connection processes set out in the National Electricity Rules for projects throughout the NEM. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinate and prioritise studies within the EPEC programme of work, including allocation of internal resources.
- Scope services, contract manage, and coordinate external resources in support of the EPEC programme of work.
- Review, prepare and deliver engineering documentation associated with EPEC’s programme of work.
- Coordinate and provide project controls including quality control, document control and administration to support professional project delivery.
- Assist the Project Delivery team with planning and scheduling for engineering activities relating to EPEC’s programme of work.
- Develop cost effective engineering solutions.
- Leadership in providing professional technical engineering support and advice to project staff during exection
- Visit site from time to time to coordinate and direct technical activities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering recognised by Engineers Australia
- Registered Professional Engineer, Queensland
- Post-graduate qualifications in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics an advantage
- Chartered Engineer with Engineers Australia desirable
- Experienced in the delivery of multi-discipline complex high voltage grid connection projects with a background in an engineering design, build & commission operating environment
- Strong HSEQ focus and leadership capability demonstrated by high levels of team passion and commitment for delivery and achieving strong results in areas of commercial performance and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels and successfully negotiate with and influence customer and senior level stakeholders in defining project delivery solutions and decisions in line with performance targets.
- Candidates must have the right to work and live in Australia.
Join EPEC today
EPEC’S mission is to lead the way in improving the connection of Australia’s renewable energy future.
Get in touch today
1/32 Cordelia Street
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Tel: +61 (0)411 474 525
ACN: 634 234 129