About the position
EPEC are looking for a Senior Power System Engineer to join our team, take technical responsibility and provide consulting services for projects assigned to the Electrical Engineering Team. Your work will focus primarily in the fields of generation, high voltage transmission and distribution, as well as other technical areas as required to support the growth of the business.
- Experience in communicating and liaising with NSPs and AMEO essential.
- Experience in the delivery of multi-discipline complex high voltage grid connection projects with a background in an engineering design, build & commission operating environment.
- Ability to perform and direct activities for power system studies in PSS/E, PSCAD, Powerfactory and Hypersim modelling environments.
- Manage the enquiry, application, registration, and/or design phases for both large energy user and/or renewable energy projects (e.g., HV Grid Connections, substation design, generating plant power system)
- Coordinate activities with sub-consultants from time to time (from design commencement until design completion)
- Ensure designs are reviewed adequately to ensure compliance to relevant Australian Standards, Statutory Requirements, and Client Specifications
- Review, preparation, and delivery of engineering designs / documentation for allocated renewable energy projects
- Project controls including QA, document control and the like expected for professional project delivery
- Scoping and management of electrical sub-contractors and electrical procurement
- Undertaking site inspections, providing advice, and preparing reports
- Assisting with planning and scheduling tasks and activities within for the department
- Developing cost effective engineering solutions
Providing engineering / technical advice to engineering team and other project staff involved in the execution of works.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering recognised by Engineers Australia
- Registered Professional Engineer, Queensland
- Chartered Engineer with Engineers Australia (desirable)
- Post-graduate qualifications in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics are an advantage
- Experienced in the delivery of multi-discipline complex high voltage grid connection projects with a background in an engineering design, build & commission operating environment
- Strong HSEQ focus and leadership capability demonstrated by high levels of team passion and commitment for delivery and achieving strong results in areas of commercial performance and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels and successfully negotiate with and influence customer and senior-level stakeholders in defining project delivery solutions and decisions in line with performance targets.
- Demonstrated experience with power system analysis tools including PSS/E, PSCAD, PowerFactory, and Hypersim in RMS and EMT environments.
Join EPEC today
EPEC’S mission is to lead the way in improving the connection of Australia’s renewable energy future.
Get in touch today
1/32 Cordelia Street
South Brisbane QLD 4101
Tel: +61 (0)411 474 525
ACN: 634 234 129